Art history is filled with painters and artists who played with the colors to create amazing masterpieces – sometimes ending up creating baffling optical illusions. Whatever you call them – these mind-boggling, jaw-dropping complex compositions have always made everyone wonder, how can someone be so perfect in transferring their ideas onto the canvas.
Art is something that can be taught but only to such individuals who naturally have a way with canvas, art, and other associated things. Sergi Cadenas, a self-made artist, is one such example who brought out a unique and thorough approach to power up this old age painting arena and began creating dual image paintings (optical illusions), which transform as you move around them.
Who is Sergi Cadenas?
Sergi Cadenas is a popular and well-known businessman. Apart from painting, he’s involved in his family’s iron business. His family has been in the iron business since the nineteenth century. Sergi Cadenas is among the second generation of the family who is supposed to look after the business. Maybe that’s the reason why he started studying ironmongery and designing at university. Soon the artist was successful in the business and got great fame in Girona.
His great grandfather Nonito’s ironwork was really famous in the region and many architects of the time were fond of his work. His crafts made Sergi Cadenas think to design and mold things to look differently and then the artist came out with a bang. He taught himself the art techniques and applied them in his painting, which took him to the sky in no time.
Let’s talk about how the artist became popular overnight and what’s the secret behind his painting.
Reason Behind Sergi Cadenas Popularity
In one of Sergi Cadenas’ creations, there’s this particular optical illusion that managed to grab a lot of eyeballs. It was a young woman’s face if you look at it from the left but as you take a few steps right – the painting will show an elderly woman on the canvas.
Another brilliant work of Sergi Cadenas shows the image of a girl and a boy in one painting. The same rule as mentioned above applies on this one. Move from right to left or left to right and see the magic.
Sergi Cadenas did not step into artistry until he was 30. His experimentation with colors and curiosity to bring distinctive techniques led him in this direction. He developed the technique of dual image painting as he was inspired by the flip images that he had been watching since he was a child. The idea continued to strike his mind to mimic the effect of flip images into his oil paintings.
It all started with a ping pong ball that is often used to decorate cakes. Sergi Cadenas created ridges on the oil painting canvas vertically using the ball, so he can paint two different images on those ridges.
You have to look at every masterpiece that is painted by him. Every art he creates follows somewhat similar style you move from left to right and the painting shows a different person. It is truly fascinating to watch every masterpiece and every time you’ll be amazed once you witness the transformation.
- The first glance of the picture will definitely make you think that a black boy would transform into something which may resemble the black version of the boy, but as you move to the other side of the canvas, you will see a young blond girl with a prominent fair color. Had we not be aware of this art form, we would have called it sorcery.
- One cannot resist admiring the creation of the artist on this piece. You may have seen Albert Einstein pictures putting his tongue out. But you must have not imagined this kind of art. Have a look at the beautiful girl transforming into Einstein with disheveled hair.
- Horrid and horrifying both in one canvas. A screaming child is what you might only see first but the details in the wet eyes showed the pain and anger that the artist beautifully covered in this painting. On the other side of the canvas, the artist had secretly told that everything would be over once you die.
- This transformation shows how quickly we move from one phase of our life to the other. It’s just that we move gradually at least that’s what we think but time is way ahead of us. An amazing transition of a young boy into an old man with detailed skin textures. Turning black hair to greyish white clearly shows the perfection and detail-oriented painting skill.
- This is a board painting demonstrating the changes of a girl’s face but not into an older woman this time. Another skull painting from the artist showing the end of everything.
- Looks like the artist is really obsessed with the transformation of young into older ones. Another masterpiece of Sergi Cadenas showing a young teenage boy turning into an elderly woman.
- What if the pictures were really made out of real people? What would they do if they watched themselves growing older in just a few seconds and knew how they would look after a few years? Stunning no!
- It’s kind of a nostalgic event. A boy thinking deeply about something can be clearly seen on the other side of the canvas. From the first side, it might be the same but in a past world.
- Enough of people turning into people. Sergi Cadenas had also tried some newer transformation versions. A bulldog is creatively painted to transform into an old man. What do you think, does he resemble somebody? Check it out.
After having a brief overview of Sergi Cadenas’ artwork, no explanation might be needed to prove how talented and creative the artist is. If you think that’s something amazing and you liked the post, keep coming to know more about creativity and amazing comparisons that you may have love to know about. Explore more to see what we have already gathered for you on our website.