When you start searching for assisted living for your aging loved one, you’re likely to be in a situation where you will wonder whether he or she will be happy, well-cared for, and safe for the rest of their life. The problem is, in this big decision- one will be needing a fair amount of research to make their loved ones comfortable in assisted living.
Well, today, the abundance of luxurious assisted living options out there has made us plan in settling the aged one perfectly! If you have a good budget, it can be no less than heaven to make their remaining years wonderful and peaceful. The assisted living can also be a dream of the recently retired seniors who crave a carefree retirement full of fun. With the high-quality amenities they provide, your loved ones will be living the best life there.
5 Facts about Assisted living:
- You might live longer in Assisted Living
- You will be much Happier there
- You will live in luxury
- You may get a Second Family
- Luxurious Living is surprisingly affordable
- What are the downsides of luxurious assisted living?
- How can you find a Luxurious assisted living for yourself?
Here are a few essential things that you must know about luxurious assisted living:
5 seconds read!
- Assisted living provides seniors with long-term care and housing.
- They help seniors with daily activities like bathing, dressing, using the toilet, etc.
- Seniors will be provided with personalized care, nutritionist meals, and a wide array of social activities.
- They focus on important aspects of a senior’s well-being and thereby work on physical and mental health and social connections.
- More than 800,000 Americans live in assisted living.
5 Facts about Assisted living
Now that you have a rough idea about assisted living, here are some surprising facts about assisted living that you must check out!
You might live longer in Assisted Living
You must be surprised at how assisted living is connected to the longevity of life. Well, here are some reasons that will clear this idea.
- You will be treated promptly in assisted living if there is a medical emergency such as a fall or a heart attack.
- They engage you in social activities to keep you mentally and physically fit. This eliminates depression and anxiety and improves your health.
- They have a proper routine for seniors, including regular exercises to minimize the risks of heart attack, diabetes, and many other diseases.
- They eliminate the feeling of loneliness and dementia, which most of the seniors suffer in this phase, through social engagement.
You will be much Happier there
One might think how living away from family and old friends can make you happy, right? We would have agreed to this fact if we had been living in the previous century. Today, the way how amazingly this assisted living is planned, we don’t think of any better place for seniors than this. Here are few reasons why:
- They offer easy socializing, mindful activities, and regular celebrations of all life’s small or big events or achievements to help seniors find meaningful ways to live.
- When you meet people like you, you will find someone to relate to, someone that has equally spare time to be emotionally and physically available for you as you do.
- They work on developing a positive mental state to enable you to make healthier decisions.
You will live in luxury
If we go back a few years, luxury was not a word for assisted living. It was all about living in misery, far away from your loved ones. But today, it has become the best place to spend the rest of life peacefully! As they offer:
- Plenty of activities and unparalleled luxuries that you might not get at home.
- Scrumptious food options that are tailored to your specific nutritional needs.
- A meticulously designed home with regular housekeeping to keep it clean and safe for you to live.
- Planning your own events to call your friends and family over food without worrying about after-party cleanups.
- A place where you don’t have to worry about broken ceilings, lawn care, or roof cleaning.
You may get a Second Family
When you shift to assisted living, you share a community of people who are committed to lives of purpose just like you do. At this stage, making new friends might not feel very comfortable to some seniors. But trust, once you step inside the facility, you will know how easy it is to make a bond with someone like you.
Luxurious Living is surprisingly affordable
After reading about this luxurious living, you might be thinking that it would cost you a fortune. But you are wrong here. In fact, it is more affordable than living in your own home because:
- You don’t have to worry about your bills.
- No installments or monthly fees payments of car and housing.
- No separate insurance fee payments.
- No house maintenance.
These are just a few of all the expenses you can escape if you opt for assisted living. If you have your own house, you have a comfortable nest egg to finance your assisted living.
What are the downsides of luxurious assisted living?
While there are plenty of perks to assisted living, there are always certain downsides to this. In some situations, the downside comes with sharing a room with another person. It can be a real challenge as you have to abide by the rules to live there. In some situations, another downside can be associated with the cost as luxurious assisted living has high entrance fees and monthly rents that are pretty limiting to many seniors, especially those living on a fixed retirement income.
Secondly, these communities are quite large and might not be suitable for some seniors who are used to living in a private environment. While the care and activities are reasonable, it can be challenging to get individualized attention. With an extensive staff, it is not always possible that you get flexible care providers. Lastly, with tens of hundreds of staff members, it is difficult to develop reports and relationships.
How can you find a Luxurious assisted living for yourself?
You can begin your search with a simple web search. By doing so, you will get a list of your nearby facilities. If good medical care is your priority, you can talk to your doctor. He/she will recommend to you the facilities that work with their trusted doctors. Also, you can ask other seniors in your family for senior care recommendations.
Every assisted living facility is unique. So, you must do your research before reaching the phase where you finally feel the need to be in an assisted living community already. After all the years of hard work, now is the time that you have a fun and meaningful retirement.